Alana's Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
This cream of potato soup recipe, aka Kartoffelcremesuppe, is SO delicious! Give it a try when you want something easy but special. Topped with cheese, it's wunderbar!
This one is granddaughter inspired ... thanks, Alana!
Makes 8 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 4 cups milk (preferably whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper and nutmeg
- Put the prepared vegetables into a large soup pot.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. You can use a blender, but be careful since the soup is hot.
- To make the roux, in a smaller pot, melt butter. Stir in the flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the milk and continue stirring until the roux thickens. Add salt and stir.
- Pour the roux into the pureed potato soup. Stir and bring to simmer. Simmer for several minutes to thicken soup.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, and nutmeg if desired.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com