Oma's Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Looking for a German cream of mushroom soup recipe, aka Champignon-Cremesuppe, that is quick and easy? Try this one.
Dress it up with a swirl of cream, some raw mushroom slices and chopped parsley. Or, you could slightly fry some sliced mushrooms, if you prefer, and garnish with them.
Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 3¾ cups chicken stock
- 1¾ cups milk
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- parsley to garnish
- Clean mushrooms. Remove 2 nice ones to keep for garnish. Finely chop the remaining mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and mushrooms in butter for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well. Cook for another minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add the stock and the milk, stirring well.
- Return to heat and cook over medium heat until soup thickens, stirring constantly.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice reserved mushrooms.
- Serve, garnished with parsley and sliced mushrooms.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com