1. Recipe for Coconut Cake
This Coconut Cake recipe, aka Kokosnusskuchen, is an easy one to make to serve for your Kaffeeklatsch.
- ⅔ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- approx. 1 cup apricot jam
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and ½ cup sugar in mixing bowl. Add 4 egg yolks. Combine flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread dough onto greased baking sheet.
- Brush apricot jam over dough.
- Whip 4 egg whites. Add 1⅓ cups sugar and whip until sugar is dissolved. Take some mixture and rub between your fingers. Should not feel gritty. Add coconut.
- Spread coconut mixture over jam.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool before serving.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com