Oma's Coconut Bar Recipe with Pecans
This easy Coconut Bar recipe is one of my favorite holiday baking recipes. Somehow, combining coconut and pecans just screams celebration and baking squares to make lots of goodies for Christmas, Easter, birthdays, or any other occasion, makes these hectic times easier.
This is a non-German recipe that reminds me so much of my Mutti's German Kokosnuss-Schnitten.
Makes 12 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream ½ cup brown sugar and butter.
- Slowly add 1 cup flour and mix.
- Pat evenly into greased 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs. Add remaining 1 cup brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat.
- Fold in remaining 2 tablespoons flour, pecans, and coconut.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Use any combination of nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds, etc.
- Drizzle with chocolate or dip edges of bars into chocolate.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com