Peach Cherry Tart Recipe with Streusel
Here's an easy Peach Cherry Tart recipe, aka Kirsch-Pfirsich-Butterstreuseltart, that is covered in delicious butter streusel - a traditional German cake that's so easy to make.
A 10-inch spring-form pan with a removable bottom is ideal. It makes serving so much easier.
Makes 10 - 12 servings
- ½ pound cherries, pitted (fresh or jarred)
- 18 ounces can peach halves (or fresh)
- ⅞ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1¾ cups ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 2½ cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If using jarred fruit, drain well.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, ground nuts and flour. Add egg and vanilla. Melt butter (in microwave) and add to bowl. Mix until crumbs are formed.
- Press ¾ of crumbs into spring-form pan including up the sides.
- Put fruit into tart pan and distribute evenly.
- Put rest of crumbs over top of fruit.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes until top is nicely browned. Place baking sheet under springform pan in case any butter oozes out.
- Serve either warm or cold, with whipped cream or ice cream.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com