Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
This cheesy green bean casserole recipe is a must have to add to your weeknight dinner menu. It's one of those perfect side dish recipes that's really filling and can be made quickly!
1 ½ hours
1 hr 40 mins
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bag frozen green beans or 4 cups fresh
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium casserole dish, add half of the green beans.
- Pour half can of mushroom soup over top and add seasonings.
- Cover with ½ cup cheese and layer on the rest of the beans, then cover with the rest of the mushroom soup and cheese.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, removing casserole dish lid for the last 20 minutes.
- If the casserole dish is not non-stick, use cooking spray or grease with butter first.
- Use a variety of different types of cheese to mix it up! Cheddars melt well and pair best with beans. Try types like orange cheddar, and sharp cheddar cheese. If you really like cheese, shred more to sprinkle on top of your plate. The added cheese gives this classic dish even more flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or simply cover a bowl with saran wrap. The casserole will keep for a couple days, refrigerated.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com