Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
This roasted Butternut Squash Recipe, aka Butternusskürbis, is one of my favorites. It's so easy to make, healthy, and economical.
only does butternut squash taste so good, it's so good for you. With its
nutty flavor and mildly sweet taste, it's full of vitamins, minerals,
and high in fiber.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 x 2-pounds butternut squash (or 1 x 4-pound)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Halve each squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place squash halves, cut-side up, in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, dot with butter, and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake, uncovered, until softened, about 50 minutes.
- Scoop out and serve as is or mash and then serve. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com