Buttermilk with Blackberries Smoothie – Buttermilch mit Brombeeren
This buttermilk with blackberries, aka Buttermilch mit Brombeeren, is so refreshing on a hot summer's day. It's a smoothie, German-style!
Refreshing, delicious, and healthy - what a great combination!
Makes 2 - 3 servings
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups buttermilk
- pinch nutmeg, if desired
- Put everything in a blender and process till smooth.
- Add more honey if needed.
- Chill and serve.
- Want to serve this as something special? Top it with whipped cream. Very German!
- You can use one banana per 1 cup of buttermilk for a Bananan-Buttermilch. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to this as well.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com