Oma's Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Oma's Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy to make. Not only that, but Oma (that's me) knows how to make this healthy veggie into extraordinary. WUNDERBAR! And that's by ROASTING!
These little 'rose cabbages', aka Rosenkohl, take on a whole new flavor when made this modern way.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 slices bacon
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean Brussels sprouts, discarding outer loose leaves. Cut in half.
- Put the Brussels sprouts into a plastic bag. Pour in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Shake gently to coat sprouts.
- Pour sprouts onto cookie sheet (with a rim) spreading them out into one layer.
- Dice bacon and sprinkle over the sprouts.
- Roast for 30 - 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside. Any leaves that are loose will be crispy and brown (extra delicious!)
- For a non-German addition, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese during the last 5 minutes.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com