Roswitha's Chicken Wing Blue Cheese Dip
Want a blue cheese dip that's a tried and true favorite for those chicken wings and veggies? This recipe was sent in by one of our readers, Roswitha Seeman. She used to work at the Alpine Restaurant in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
This recipe for blue cheese dressing / dip was a favorite of the Alpine's customers when they ordered chicken wings and veggies after a game of baseball or soccer. She says they always ran out and couldn't make it fast enough.
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces (¾ cup) blue cheese, broken into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mince garlic in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients except blue cheese, salt and pepper, and blend well.
- Add the blue cheese chunks and mix until dressing shows small lumps of blue cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a container and seal. Place in fridge to chill until serving.
- Make this German by using a blue cheese called Cambozola that's very, very German. It's often called blue brie.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com