Pan Roasted Carrot Recipe ~ Oma's Karotten
Make this pan roasted carrot recipe when you're wanting quick and easy carrots just like this German Oma makes them. Similar to oven roasted, just quicker. YUM!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- salt, sugar, pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- fresh parsley
- Peel or scrap carrots. Rinse. Cut into slices. If using bagged mini- or baby carrots, just leave them whole.
- In frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Add carrots and lightly sauté, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, season with salt and sugar.
- Cover and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes. Either drain or let the liquid evaporate.
- Add butter.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper and parsley over top.
- Add 4 tablespoons raisins and 4 tablespoons sour cream if desired. This variation is often served with fried liver.
- For a delicious change, use orange juice instead of water.
- Instead of parsley, use dill.
- If you're concerned about using baby carrots, check out this article, Baby Carrots – 3 Myths You Need to Know.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com
07.25.2021 revision update