Oma's Beef Noodle Soup ~ Rindfleisch Nudelsuppe
Beef noodle soup, aka Rinderfleisch Nudelsuppe, with either egg noodles or small pasta shapes, is made using a homemade beef broth. Kids love it! Adults love it! And since it’s easy, I love it!
This rich beef broth
with egg noodles was one of my Mutti's best soups that she learned from
her Mutti. And, NOW, I'm handing it down to you!
Makes 6 servings
- 2½ pounds beef roast, preferably with bone
- 3 - 4 carrots, scraped or peeled, large chunks
- bottom end of celery and the top leaves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup pasta shells (or noodles)
- salt, pepper, fresh parsley, Maggi (optional)
- Trim away most of the fat from the roast, but keep the bones which add flavor to the soup.
meat, carrot chunks, bottom and leaves of celery, onion, salt,
peppercorns, bay leaves, and water into a large soup pot.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 1½ hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove meat, cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Strain broth and return broth to pot.
- Add chopped carrots and celery.
- Bring to boil, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes. Add pasta or
noodles. Add cooked meat. Simmer until pasta or noodles are tender,
according to package instructions, usually about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and Maggi (optional)
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com