How to Roast Cherry Tomatoes ~ Oma's Geröstete Kirschtomaten
Here's how to roast cherry tomatoes in the oven. You’ll discover their natural flavor is concentrated and balanced by a gentle tang of acidity. It’s perfect for ‘out-of-season’ tomatoes!
Use extra-virgin olive oil if possible, and drizzle with extra oil if you desire.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pints (about 20 ounces) cherry or grape tomatoes, whole or halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (preferably fresh ground)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or other herb of your choice
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Put tomatoes in single layer in a greased rimmed baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and some freshly ground pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs on top.
- Bake until tomatoes are softened and slightly caramelized, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com
05.26.2021 revision update