Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes ~ Zweimal gebackene Kartoffeln
Air fryer twice baked potatoes, Luftfritteuse zweimal gebackene Kartoffeln, are for those times you're looking for something extra special, something extra yummy, and yet, something quite easy!
I used the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven to make these delicious potatoes. If you have something different, no problem. Simply adjust settings and cook time accordingly.
Makes 5 servings
- 5 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat air fryer oven to 400°F on bake.
- Scrub potatoes and brush with olive oil if crispy skin is desired.
- Bake on middle rack for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Remove potatoes from air fryer and let them cool for about 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, being careful not to break the skins (potato shells).
- Into bowl with the potato flesh add sour cream, butter, salt, pepper and ½ cup cheese. Mix with hand mixer, slowly adding just enough milk to make the mixture creamy.
- Spoon mixture back into the potato skins. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for a further 8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- I used smaller baking potatoes so I could fit them all on one tray. I was only cooking for three people as well. If you're cooking for more people, you can use bigger potatoes on two trays.
- If you have leftover filling, no worries! It makes a great side dish by itself. Simply cover it and serve the next day with dinner, or serve it with your potatoes if you'd like. It's yummy when cold or hot.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com