1. Oma's Wurstsalat
Wurstsalat ... a traditional meat salad from southern Germany. Traditionally, it's made without mayonnaise as are most salads in the south.
- 1 pound Lyoner sausage or ring bologna
- 2 large pickles, German if available
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt, pepper
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Cut Lyoner sausage into thin strips (julienned) or thin slices
- Dice pickles
- Cut onions into thin rings
- Put bologna, pickles, and onions into a bowl and gently mix together.
- Make a salad dressing by mixing together the vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over Wurstsalat and mix. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and let sit about ½ hour in fridge before serving.
- Serve with German bread, pumpernickel, or buns.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com
06.30.2021 revision update