2. Oma's Fleischsalat
Fleischsalat ... a traditional meat salad from northern Germany. Traditionally, it's made mayonnaise as most salads in the north.
- 1 lb cooked salami or ring bologna
- 2 large pickles, German if available
- about 5 tbsp mayonnaise, German if available
- about 1 tbsp mustard, German if available (optional)
- Either dice or cut meat into thin strips (julienned)
- Either dice or cut pickles into thin strips (julienned)
- Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard (if using)
- Mix everything together and let sit about ½ hour in fridge.
- Serve with German bread, pumpernickel, or buns.
* * * * *
Unless otherwise noted recipe, images and content © Just like Oma | www.quick-german-recipes.com