Taco Soup Recipe
This taco soup recipe is so quick to put together ... and so delightfully delicious!
I was first introduced to tacos by my daughter-in-love many years ago. Totally non-German, but totally so good.
Since then, my hubby and I enjoy this when we just want a 'nibbly-type' dinner watching some German TV online.
Now, here it is as a soup. In fact, it's one of the easy slow cooker soups ... one I like playing with by adding some of this and some of that. Now, Crockpot Taco Soup is really, really easy to throw together. REALLY!
I love using my new Cuisinart Slow Cooker!
Not only is it a slow cooker, but it's a Multicooker!
That means it can be used to quickly brown or sauté the meat (up to 400 °F) before setting it to slow cook (at various temps) ... and there's a 'steam' option!
With a 24-hour timer and an automatic Keep Warm feature, I LOVE this!
If you've never had tacos, they are a traditional Mexican dish. There's a tortilla that's folded around a filling made of beef, pork, chicken, or seafood. Add some veggies. Top with shredded cheese. Serve.
Other garnishes can be shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, red or green peppers, diced onions, etc., etc. We like adding sour cream or Greek yogurt and hot salsa.
Well, this taco soup recipe lets you add your favorite toppings when you serve it. Results? A happy family.
Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can drained pinto or black beans
- 1 15-oz can drained red kidney beans
- 1 11-oz can whole kernel corn (with liquid)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 4-oz can diced green chill peppers
- 1 (1.25 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Add ground beef, stirring to break up and cook until browned. Add beef to slow cooker.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and cook until translucent. Add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well. Cover.
- Cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with corn chips, Mexican corn bread, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, or other toppings of your choice.
- Makes 8 - 10 servings
Like the soup above? You'll love looking at and making more of Oma's soups. All so quick and easy!
You can cook just like Oma using Quick Fix Soups, 84 full-color pages filled with step-by-step instructions and hints.
Recipe cards are included. All the help you need to make traditional German soups quickly and easily.
Download immediately and you can start to cook right away!
A bit of this and a bit of that ...
- Want to turn this into a Chicken Taco Soup? Just use ground chicken instead of beef. Or ground turkey. Or a combination. You could also use a pound of chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and browned. Use chicken broth instead of beef broth.
- Use any type of beans you like. Instead of the pinto or black beans, use chick peas ... or whatever your favourites are.
- Omit or increase the amount of green chill peppers, depending hot spicy you like your soup.
Some more International Soups
More German recipes ...
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
Top of Taco Soup Recipe
Taco Soup Recipe
Words to the Wise
""Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold."