Stuffed Lamb (my recipe) (Cordero mechado)
by Rosario Candia
(Santa Cruz - Bolivia )
• 1 boneless leg of lamb
• 1 green pepper
• 1 red pepper
• 4 carrots
• 3 onions
• 3 slices of bacon cut into strips
• 1/2 liter of water
• Salt to taste
• Grind garlic, mustard, cumin, lemon or vinegar
- Choose a leg of lamb that will be cut with the knife to fill with chopped vegetables and bacon, which will also be seasoned.
- Season to taste. FRY in skillet to seal and then put it in a pot of water pressure until the lamb is cooked.
- Place the leg to the oven and Brown, bathing with juice so it doesn't dry out. Before removing cut into pieces and let a few more moments
- Serve with vegetables accompanied with brown potatoes in the oven and green salad.
This is a typical recipe of Bolivia.
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!