Oma's Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
This traditional German pork chop dinner recipe, aka Panierte Schnitzel, is a favorite "30-minute meal recipes" at our house. Why? First, because it tastes so-o-o good. Second, because the breaded pork chop recipe I use for this is similar to Schnitzel. And, Germans LOVE Schnitzel!
"This 30 minute meal is one of my favourites to prepare when I need something special and don't have much time!"
Make this Pork Chop Dinner Recipe:
1. Start with the Breaded Pork Chops ...
- Start with the breaded pork chops (clicking opens new window). When choosing the pork chops (one per person), try to get chops that are less than 1-inch. That way, they'll be sure to cook in under 20 minutes.
- I try to use seasoned bread crumbs. That saves another step in the process.
- Also, fill a kettle with water and bring to boil. This will be used for the potatoes.
2. Start with the Potatoes ...
- Once the chops are browning, it's time to start the potatoes. Use new potatoes so that you don't need to peel them. Use one medium-sized potato per person.
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly. Cut into chunks, put into a medium-sized pot, and cover with the boiling water. (Refill kettle with water and bring to boil. This is for the vegetables.)
- Add about ½ tsp salt to the potatoes. Bring to boil, cover, and simmer gently for about 15 - 20 minutes, until they test tender when pierced with a knife.
3. Start with the Vegetables ...
- While the potatoes are cooking, remember to check the pork chops and turn them over to brown.
- It's time to prepare the vegetables. You can use canned or jarred red cabbage. Check out the Hints section of this recipe (opens new window).
- Or you can use frozen vegetables. Check the package for the amounts to use. Put them into a medium-sized pot, barely cover with boiling water.
- Add salt as per package instructions. Cover and gently simmer until tender. Most vegetables take about 4 - 6 minutes. (Check instructions on bag.)
- Drain when done.
Your German dinner is ready to serve ...
- Serve each person one pork chop, some potatoes, and some vegetables.
- Pour about 1 Tbsp of the oil/butter mixture that is left in the pan from the chops, over the potatoes if desired.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
That's it! A delicious 30 minutes dinner recipe. Enjoy!
30 Minute Meal Recipes made Just like Oma
Looking for German ingredients and more? Take a look ...
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
PIN this ...
Words to the Wise
"Putting confidence in an unreliable person in times of trouble is like chewing with a broken tooth or walking on a lame foot."
Proverbs 25:19 (NLT)