Mom Rose's Cucumber Salad
(Running Springs,Ca., USA)
Cucumber Salad from Mom Rose's Recipe
This is how you do it:
- 2 Cucumbers ( will make enough for approximately 2-4 people )
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 small green Pepper
- Paprika ( sweet) approximately 1 Tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar to taste
- whipping cream, enough to make the sauce nice and creamy
- Peel, then slice the cucumbers ( I use a mandolin ) as thin as possible
- Do the same with the onion and green pepper
- Salt these ingredients ( I use Kosher salt ) mix well, then let stand for approximately 3-4 hours covered with plastic wrap.
- After 3-4 hours take a handful of the cucumbers and squeeze the liquid out, then place into a larger bowl, repeat until all the cucumbers etc. are squeezed.
- Using the Apple cider vinegar, start with about 3-4 Tbsp, taste to your liking add more if desired.
- Add the Paprika, mix with vinegar and cucumbers.
- Add about 1/4 cup of whipping cream, again check the taste to your liking.
Neither Irma or her Mom ever measured, so the above are only a starting point.
Take a look at Oma's eCookbooks ...
* * * * *
Want nutritional information for a recipe? Copy and paste the ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count. It will give you an approximate calculation.
Get your FREE poster ... Herbs & Spices in the German Kitchen
by Subscribing to my FREE Newsletter ...
Just like Oma ~ Kaffeeklatsch*
*Kaffeeklatsch: /ˈkafeːˌklatsh / (noun) an informal gathering for coffee and chatting
Experience Germany: food, people, country, & RECIPES!
Words to the Wise
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."
Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)